As nurses, we understand that our role continues to evolve within healthcare as a whole — and the tools that nurses use in delivering care are also changing.
That’s why this year, we’ll be hosting and attending several events aimed at exploring new innovations that help nurses in their critical role of making the safest, most appropriate decisions for their patients. One of the most exciting advances in health IT is the ongoing development of technology that assists clinical decision-making and engages patients in their care.
What I love about these events is that they also serve as opportunities for nurses and nurse executives to engage in wide-ranging dialogue about the topics and issues facing them today. I always feel that I leave these conferences energized and inspired — and I hope you will, too. Attending these events is a great way to help celebrate the nurses in 2019!
MEDITECH 2019 Strategic Leadership Summit, April 3 to 4, Marina del Rey, Calif.: Join us as we welcome three experts who will share their unique perspectives on healthcare and offer ideas that nurses can bring to the clinic floor:
- Keynote speaker Amy Herman, author of Visual Intelligence and president of The Art of Perception, Inc., who will talk about improving observation and communication skills with patients, using art to stimulate creative thinking, and approaching everyday challenges with greater clarity.
- Judy Murphy, RN, CNO of IBM Global Healthcare, who will lead an interactive discussion on data management tools that enable nurses and other providers to target and engage at-risk patients, improve outcomes and reduce costs.
- John Halamka, MD, executive director of the Health Technology Exploration Center, Beth Israel Lahey Health, who will examine the fine line between the expectations of new innovations and the reality of what technology actually offers us today.
I’ll also be hosting one of the mini-sessions, “True Patient Engagement: Becoming a Partner in Healthcare,” where we’ll discuss how technologies like MEDITECH’s Point of Care documentation and patient portals directly involve patients in their care, allow more effective communication with their care team, and improve patient outcomes.
2019 AONE Annual Meeting, April 10 to 13, San Diego, Calif.: Stop by booth #1303 and learn how MEDITECH’s nursing solution gives nurses the modern technology that fits into their workflow and the tools to foster more meaningful connections with their patients.
Be sure to visit the Education Expo Pavilion on April 11 at 10:15 a.m., where I’ll be delivering my presentation on how MEDITECH can improve patient engagement.
ANIA 2019 Conference, April 11 to 13, Las Vegas, Nev.: MEDITECH will be at booth #301 inside the Rio All Suite Hotel on the famous Las Vegas Strip. ANIA offers many opportunities for networking, skills training, exploration of local and regional events, and much more.
Dr. Bernadette Melnyk, Dr. Roy Simpson, and Dr. Jerry Mansfield will be speaking on important topics, including evidence-based practice, big data, and executive leadership.
MEDITECH 2019 Nurse Forum, June 12 to 14, Foxborough, Mass.: Register today for this three day conference where we’ll discuss how the care landscape has changed for clinicians, and how you can use your EHR to deliver safer care, anywhere and everywhere. Here’s just a sample of what the Forum offers:
- Many opportunities for networking and strategy sharing with peers and MEDITECH staff
- A half-day of pre-conference EHR optimization sessions
- Two full days of plenary and education sessions
- The ability to earn contact hours
We’re proud to welcome Rich Bluni, RN, from Studer Group, A Huron Solution, as our keynote speaker. The best-selling author of award-winning books Inspired Nurse, Inspired Journal, Oh No…Not More of That Fluffy Stuff!: The Power of Engagement, and Inspired Nurse Too, Rich understands the challenges, joys, and value of purpose, worthwhile work, and the difference that nurses make in healthcare.
If you have the chance to attend one of these events, please look for MEDITECH and add your voice to the conversation! Let’s make this a great year for nurses!
Join MEDITECH at our Nurse Forum, June 12 to 14, in Foxborough, Mass.