For our latest Thought Leader podcast, I spoke with Dr. Andy Burchett, CMIO of Avera Health, about his organization’s rapid response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We discuss the benefits of implementing virtual care solutions as well as what platforms are available for providers. This podcast also delves into the future of virtual care, antibody testing, and home monitoring for positive and presumed-positive COVID-19 patients.
Specific topics covered:
- 01:15 Avera’s history of virtual care offerings
- 03:42 An integrated workflow using MEDITECH Expanse
- 05:40 Patient and provider response to virtual care
- 07:20 Patient education, Avera virtual COVID-19 care, and hotline
- 11:17 Positive outcomes from virtual care
- 13:51 Encouraging providers to become proficient with virtual visit platforms
- 16:42 The future of virtual care
- 17:55 Monitoring COVID-19 patients with virtual care and home monitoring devices
- 20:30 Antibody testing strategy and plasma treatment
- 23:44 Possible changes to testing COVID-19 cases with the re-opening of facilities
- 25:37 Advice for a successful virtual visit implementation strategy
Here more from MEDITECH customers as they share their experiences with Virtual Care.