Our thought leader podcast series continues with a very special guest: the 2017 CHIME-HIMSS John E. Gall, Jr. CIO of the Year Randy McCleese. Randy currently serves as the CIO at Methodist Hospital, a 192-bed acute care hospital, 25-bed critical access hospital, and 19-practice physician network based in Henderson, Kentucky.
During this podcast, I chat with Randy about the unique challenges and opportunities rural healthcare organizations are facing as we shift to value-based care models. We also discuss the evolving role of the healthcare CIO and how he sees it continuing to change in the future. Finally, Randy shares some initiatives currently underway at Methodist Hospital, and reflects on his longstanding partnership with MEDITECH.
Specific topics covered in this podcast include:
- Randy on his CIO of the Year award 1:06
- Unique challenges in rural healthcare 2:20
- Unique advantages in rural healthcare 6:06
- Rural healthcare’s role in value-based models 7:56
- Value-based strategies at Methodist 10:40
- The evolving role of the CIO 13:15
- Upcoming technology in healthcare 15:14
- The MEDITECH partnership 18:39
Interested in hearing more about value? Download our new eBook by clicking below.